Mar 10, 2007

Looking Uphill At Upas


8x10
Oil/linen panel
Plein air

Uphill views are fascinating to me. I'm drawn to horizon lines above the viewer, a sense of mystery up there and back there. What a beautiful San Diego morning this particular day was. Just gorgeous. I tried to separate the various greens in this one, not the same monotonous shade of green that actually existed. To me, greens can be tricky to paint. It has the potential to overpower the painting and scream GREEN! It's just a matter of subtly subduing, finding that delicate balance keeping in mind that green can either be a warm color or cool color. All this while cars are zooming down this hill, straight at me at one point and turning at what appears to be the last possible moment. The adventures continue..............

No comments: