Apr 23, 2008

Scholarship News!!

Been having some luck lately! In late March I was notified by Oil Painters Of America that I'm the recipient of their Shirl Smithson Scholarship for 2008. I believe they hand out four per year. The scholarship is good for up to $500. I'll be using the scholarship to attend a 3 day portrait workshop by Jeff Watts in late June in Encinitas, CA at Watts Atelier. It's been a while since I've had instruction from Jeff and I'm very excited to attend this workshop.
Also....
Last week I was awarded a scholarship from the Scottsdale Artists' School. The scholarship is good for one workshop. I'll be attending a studio landscape painting workshop with Matt Smith, one of my favorite landscape painters. This 3 day workshop is in late April, and of course will be in Scottsdale, AZ.
Wooohooo!

8 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Danny, this is wonderful news, and so well deserved.

Bill Cramer said...

Man, you are on a roll. Congrats! Wooohooo for sure!

Danny Griego said...

Thanks Jean. Looking forward to it!

Danny Griego said...

I'm going with it Bill! Thanks.

chubirka said...

That's awesome! congrats.
You are a wonderful painter, can't wait to see what you'll create.

Danny Griego said...

Thanks Jacqueline!

Suzy said...

GREAT NEW PHOTO OF YOU. VERY HANDSOME INDEED!!!
SUZY

Anonymous said...

Nice view of the city.